Cardiotoxicity of Cancer Therapies: A Review for the Oncology Provider - SPOC
Brian Colwell Jensen, MD, will review the potential cardiotoxicity associated with radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and newer targeted cancer therapies.
These courses are intended for medical, radiation, and surgical oncologists, hematologists, advanced practice nurses, registered nurses, physician assistants, radiologic technologists, researchers, pharmacists, trainees, allied health personnel, and others who are interested in care for patients and survivors in North Carolina.
- Understand that receiving radiation therapy to the chest wall increases the likelihood of subsequently developing cardiovascular disease.
- Know that anthracycline-induced cardiotoxicity still occurs with contemporary dosing regimens and may lead to heart failure.
- Recognize that molecularly targeted cancer therapies, including HER2 antagonists, kinase inhibitors, and immune checkpoint inhibitors are associated with an array of cardiovascular complications.
Taking the Course
To continue, click the button Take Course.
If you do not see the button, please ensure that you are logged in. If you are logged in and still don't see the button, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 445–1000.
Brian Colwell Jensen, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
Presenter Disclosure Information
Brian Colwell Jensen, MD, has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests as defined by the ACCME.
To receive free Continuing Education Credit for this Self-Paced, Online Course:
- Watch the video
- Complete the assessment with a score of 80% or better
- Complete the evaluation
- Download the appropriate certificate
The following accrediting agencies have approved this course for continuing education credits. Participants should understand that their individual participation and claiming credit must abide by the regulations set forth by their respective accrediting agency.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In most cases, regulations prohibit the repeated use of the same educational activity (Live Webinar or Self-Paced, Online Course but not both) as it relates to satisfying CE requirements to maintain licensure. Attendees are also required to achieve a score of 80% or better on an assessment for the Self-Paced, Online Course to receive CE credit. Please contact your individual accreditation agencies for more details.
- 1.00 NCPD/CNE
- 1.00 Participation