Bridging the Bench and Bedside: The Amalgam of Academic Medicine and Its Effect on a Cancer Patient Experience
Hannah E. Woriax, MD, will review several case scenarios and patient archetypes that have had their treatment course changed drastically due to recent landmark research studies. Dr. Woriax will then go through a few scenarios relevant to her current patient population specifically. Based on these patient scenarios, she will then discuss potential research possibilities for the future.
NON-CREDIT LINK: Please note that if you DO NOT wish to receive continuing education credit, but want to join this webinar directly though Zoom, you may bypass our Learning Portal and use the following link to attend: http://www.saicep.org/zoom
These courses are intended for medical, radiation, and surgical oncologists, hematologists, advanced practice nurses, registered nurses, physician assistants, radiologic technologists, researchers, pharmacists, trainees, allied health personnel, and others who are interested in care for patients and survivors in North Carolina.
- Recall the clinical course of the traditional cancer patient. Specifically, we will discuss the breast cancer patient perspective.
- Compare the route of evaluation and treatment of breast cancer patients before and after the implementation of recent research findings.
- Discuss plans for future research goals and the infrastructure and interorganizational teamwork needed to conduct these studies.
Please feel free to share the flyer and/or this webpage.
Taking the Course
To continue, click the button Take Course.
If you do not see the button, please ensure that you are logged in. If you are logged in and still don't see the button, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 445–1000.
Hannah E. Woriax, MD
Breast Surgical Oncologist
Presenter Disclosure Information
Hannah E. Woriax, MD, has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests as defined by the ACCME.
The Greensboro Area Health Education Center is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ - Non-physician
- 1.00 NCPD/CNE
- 1.00 Participation