Lauren M.B. Burke, MD
Katrina A. McGinty, MD
Right Image for the Right Patient: A Guide to Ordering Abdominal Radiological Studies
Lauren M.B. Burke, MD, and Katrina A. McGinty, MD, will provide an overview of different imaging modalities for imaging the abdomen, as well as some of their common indications and patient-specific limitations. They will also discuss an overview of commonly used imaging modalities with an emphasis on understanding different modalities' strengths and limitations. The goal is to provide instruction on deciding when different imaging modalities and tests are appropriate for different pathologies.
- Review the pros and cons of common modalities
- List common indications and ways to decrease overutilization of imaging
- Identify the role of intravenous contrast and when it is appropriate for CT scans
- Recall restrictions and contraindications in administering intravenous contrast
In the PDF, contact/Location information can be add into a "hidden" text box located beneath the Webinar Description. This box appears as a bluish grey box when the PDF is opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader (a FREE program). However, the box is invisible—but still there—when the PDF is opened in Apple Preview. Anything typed into this box will print.
Roster Template (with disclosure information)
*Please note that in order to receive credit for viewing a live webinar, participants must be listed on a roster submitted by their site coordinator.
- Equipment Call-In Number: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Equipment Call-In Passcode: 648663
- The site will be live starting at 11:30am--please have your equipment on at this time.
- EthosCE Webinar Registration Link:
- MediaSite Live Link: unclcn.org/live
- Use if you have problems connecting your video conferencing system or WebEx.
- Instructions on how to use the MediaSite Player interface.
- Downloadable PDF
Please click here to upload your roster.