Julienne S. Harris, MSN, FNP-C
Ostomies, Tubes, and Drains
Ostomies, tubes, and drains are often necessary in the adult oncology population for various reasons and clinical scenarios. This presentation will serve as an overview of the different types of ostomies, as well as frequently used tubes and drains, such that APPs across all oncology disciplines will be familiar with their necessity, use, and common complications.
- Describe the key differences between an ileostomy and colostomy, and implications for management
- Discuss differences in G-tubes and J-tubes, and implications for management
- Discuss impact of ostomies, drains and tubes on the oncology patient
In the PDF, contact/Location information can be add into a "hidden" text box located beneath the Webinar Description. This box appears as a bluish grey box when the PDF is opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader (a FREE program). However, the box is invisible—but still there—when the PDF is opened in Apple Preview. Anything typed into this box will print.
Roster Template (with disclosure information)
*Please note that in order to receive credit for viewing a live webinar, participants must be listed on a roster submitted by their site coordinator.
- Equipment Call-In Number: email@example.com
- Equipment Call-In Passcode: 987598
- The site will be live starting at 3:30pm—please have your equipment on at this time.
- EthosCE Webinar Registration Link: https://learn.unclcn.org/07202022
- MediaSite Live Link: unclcn.org/live
- Use if you have problems connecting your video conferencing system or WebEx.
- Instructions on how to use the MediaSite Player interface.
- Downloadable PDF
Please click here to upload your roster.