Melissa Matson, MSN, RN, AGPCNP-BC
Sex and AYAs with Cancer: Mitigating Risk and Managing Sexual Dysfunction
The Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) years bring with them many developmental milestones. Among those milestones are the exploration of sexuality, sexual identity, and romantic relationships. Although we might think otherwise, AYAs with cancer are engaging in sexual activity at rates similar to their peers, but face challenges that their peers do not (increased risk of infection, bleeding, etc). Studies have shown that AYAs want sexual health information. It’s incumbent upon cancer care providers to initiate these conversations, but many feel ill prepared. Let's talk about sex.
- Identify two potential effects of cancer treatment on human sexual function
- Describe one model or pneumonic device to facilitate discussions around sexual health with young adults
- List one intervention to manage dyspareunia (pain with intercourse)
In the PDF, contact/Location information can be add into a "hidden" text box located beneath the Webinar Description. This box appears as a bluish grey box when the PDF is opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader (a FREE program). However, the box is invisible—but still there—when the PDF is opened in Apple Preview. Anything typed into this box will print.
Roster Template (with disclosure information)
*Please note that in order to receive credit for viewing a live webinar, participants must be listed on a roster submitted by their site coordinator.
- Equipment Call-In Number: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Equipment Call-In Passcode: 752059
- The site will be live starting at 3:30pm--please have your equipment on at this time.
- Zoom Webinar Registration Link: https://learn.unclcn.org/05182022
- MediaSite Live Link: unclcn.org/live
- Use if you have problems connecting your video conferencing system or WebEx.
- Instructions on how to use the MediaSite Player interface.
- Downloadable PDF
Please click here to upload your roster.