CLTR 07 – Barriers to Accrual and Patient Advocacy
What, Who, When, Where, Why
Scope—Clinical Research focused on clinical trials in oncology
- Design, conduct of trials, relevant regulatory ethics and data management issues, barriers and challenges, and career development
- Introduction to other types of clinical research and adjuncts to therapeutic trials including biomarkers and correlative studies
- Interested fellows and faculty in a cancer-related division or department
- Including learners from med onc, hem onc, gyn onc, urologic oncology, ENT, pediatric oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology
- Oncology APPs
- Synchronous learning: 7-8 sessions, zoom and video recorded for access anytime
- Asynchronous learning ( ie: TRACS series, CITI training, LCCC training modules, etc)*
- Mentored learning ( PRC, IRB, DSMC, protocol development)*
* possibly year 2-3
Please note that after registering for this course, you will receive a separate confirmation email for each class within the course. We apologize for the inconvenience of sending so many emails at once. Moving forward, you will receive reminder emails approximately one day and one hour prior to each individual class, but only for the pending class.
Relevant links to Barriers to Accrual and Patient Advocacy
The Role of Advocates in Clinical Trials Research PowerPoint
Achieving Racial Equity In Clinical Trial Participation PowerPoint
Access recording in our Video Library
Marjory Charlot, MD, MPH, MSC
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Patty Spears, BS
Research Manager, Patient Advocates for Research Council
Taking the Course
To continue, click the button Take Course.
If you do not see the button, please ensure that you are logged in. If you are logged in and still don't see the button, please contact us at email@example.com or (919) 455–1000.