Joe Polich, MSW, LCSW-A, JD
Domestic Violence and Intimate Partner Abuse
Joe Polich, MSW, LCSWA, JD will provide a foundational knowledge to providers who come in contact with patients with cancer who are also experiencing IPV. Beginning with a quick introduction to some basic concepts of the dynamics of IPV in general, we will discuss the intersection of the provision of care to a patient with cancer and the dynamics involved in IPV. We will then move to recognizing "red flags" in order to improve our ability to identify patients who may need our help. We will conclude by speaking about what kinds of resources are out there for people experiencing IPV, and how we can safely and effectively offer these resources to patients and their families.
- Describe basic concepts of interpersonal violence, and improve our ability to distinguish between IPV and a relationship experiencing conflict.
- Discuss how IPV may affect cancer patients specifically, particularly in those situations that involve caretaking and financial dependency.
- Identify common resources and ways of supporting cancer patients who are experiencing IPV
- Identify “red flags” that IPV might be affecting cancer patients
- Improve the way in which we offer resources and support to our cancer patients who are experiencing IPV
In the PDF, contact/Location information can be add into a "hidden" text box located beneath the Webinar Description. This box appears as a bluish grey box when the PDF is opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader (a FREE program). However, the box is invisible—but still there—when the PDF is opened in Apple Preview. Anything typed into this box will print.
Roster Template (with disclosure information)
*Please note that in order to receive credit for viewing a live webinar, participants must be listed on a roster submitted by their site coordinator.
- Equipment Call-In Number: email@example.com
- Equipment Call-In Passcode: 691108
- The site will be live starting at 3:30pm—please have your equipment on at this time.
- EthosCE Webinar Registration Link: https://learn.unclcn.org/04122023
- MediaSite Live Link: unclcn.org/live
- Use if you have problems connecting your video conferencing system or WebEx.
- Instructions on how to use the MediaSite Player interface.
- Downloadable PDF
Please click here to upload your roster.