Samuel Cykert, MD
Christina Yongue, MPH, MCHES
Where the Rubber Meets the Road: Community-Inclusive Interventions to Achieve Equity in Cancer Care
Samuel Cykert, MD and Christina Yongue, MPH, MCHES will describe long-lasting racial disparities in breast and lung cancer care, and some of the root causes for these inequities. Participants will learn how a community-academic-medical partnership addressed these disparities by designing system-change interventions based on antiracism principles. Participants will also learn how disparities were eliminated through institutional changes, partnership development, and what aspects can be translated in other medical settings.
- Recognize that cancer treatment disparities negatively impact outcomes for Black breast and lung cancer patients.
- Recognize that community partnerships in research and quality improvement can help identify barriers and solutions that enhance care and research participation for all.
- Identify system level interventions derived from community-academic partnership that reduce cancer treatment disparities and improve outcomes for all
In the PDF, contact/Location information can be add into a "hidden" text box located beneath the Webinar Description. This box appears as a bluish grey box when the PDF is opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader (a FREE program). However, the box is invisible—but still there—when the PDF is opened in Apple Preview. Anything typed into this box will print.
Roster Template (with disclosure information)
*Please note that in order to receive credit for viewing a live webinar, participants must be listed on a roster submitted by their site coordinator.
- Equipment Call-In Number: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Equipment Call-In Passcode: 548594
- The site will be live starting at 11:30am--please have your equipment on at this time.
- EthosCE Webinar Registration Link: https://learn.unclcn.org/04052023
- MediaSite Live Link: unclcn.org/live
- Use if you have problems connecting your video conferencing system
- Instructions on how to use the MediaSite Player interface.
- Downloadable PDF
Please click here to upload your roster.