Cindy Kelly, FNP-BC, ACHPN
Vineeta Rao, PharmD, BCPS
Pain Management From a Palliative Care Perspective
This lecture will provide a review of opioid and nonopioid treatment options for cancer related pain. This presentation will address patients with cancer and substance use disorder and also cancer patients that are in remission, but still present with persistent pain.
- Identify analgesics commonly used in cancer related pain along with their mechanism of action, dosing and side effects.
- Discuss opioid prescribing for patients at elevated risk of misuse.
- List nonpharmacological measures that can decrease pain.
In the PDF, contact/Location information can be add into a "hidden" text box located beneath the Lecture Description. This box appears as a bluish grey box when the PDF is opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader (a FREE program). However, the box is invisible—but still there—when the PDF is opened in Apple Preview. Anything typed into this box will print.
Roster Template (with disclosure information)
*Please note that in order to receive credit for viewing a live lecture, participants must be listed on a roster submitted by their site coordinator.
- Equipment Call-In Number: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Equipment Call-In Passcode: 514695
- The site will be live starting at 11:30am--please have your equipment on at this time.
- Zoom Webinar Registration Link: COURSE URL
- MediaSite Live Link: unclcn.org/live
- Use if you have problems connecting your video conferencing system or WebEx.
- Instructions on how to use the MediaSite Player interface.
- Downloadable PDF
Please click here to upload your roster.