Bianka Patel, PharmD, BCOP, CPP
Topics in Cancer Pharmacy in North Carolina: Updates for Oral Chemotherapy for 2022
Oral chemotherapy is becoming increasingly common in treatment of various malignancies. Although oral oncolytics are extremely beneficial for patients, they also present unique challenges for patients and providers alike. Implementing oral chemotherapy often requires a multidisciplinary approach. This lecture will discuss several considerations for oral chemotherapy such as prescribing, patient education, adherence, medication access, cost and insurance authorization, monitoring, supportive care, and more. We will walk through a patient case to highlight practical suggestions for successful implementation of oral chemotherapy for patients.
- Identify important considerations for prescribing oral chemotherapy
- Explain the steps involved in dispensing/distribution of oral chemotherapy to patients
- Describe best practices in monitoring, toxicity management, and follow-up for patients receiving oral chemotherapy
In the PDF, contact/Location information can be add into a "hidden" text box located beneath the Webinar Description. This box appears as a bluish grey box when the PDF is opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader (a FREE program). However, the box is invisible—but still there—when the PDF is opened in Apple Preview. Anything typed into this box will print.
Roster Template (with disclosure information)
*Please note that in order to receive credit for viewing a live webinar, participants must be listed on a roster submitted by their site coordinator.
- Equipment Call-In Number: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Equipment Call-In Passcode: 377320
- The site will be live starting at 11:30am--please have your equipment on at this time.
- EthosCE Webinar Registration Link: https://learn.unclcn.org/06222022
- MediaSite Live Link: unclcn.org/live
- Use if you have problems connecting your video conferencing system or WebEx.
- Instructions on how to use the MediaSite Player interface.
- Downloadable PDF
Please click here to upload your roster.