Myra Parker, PhD, JD, MPH
Craig Dee, MPH(c)
Cancer Screening and Prevention through an Intergenerational Intervention Using an Indigenous Approach
Forming relationships and partnerships with tribal communities are crucial in addressing cancer health disparities among American Indian & Alaska Native populations. Dr. Myra Parker and Craig Dee describe how established trust and relationships with tribal entities led to the development and implementation of tribally-driven strategies to address cancer among Washington State Tribes.
- Describe strategies that develops a process to support the selection of evidence-based interventions and identify approaches to adapt the interventions to ensure a strong and contextual fit with tribal communities.
- Discuss the process of confirming data collection efforts with Tribal Epidemiology Centers given the history of research participation among tribal communities.
- Describe the CBPR process to reach out to Tribal Epidemiology Centers, establish trust, and build relationships between Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and tribal entities.
In the PDF, contact/Location information can be add into a "hidden" text box located beneath the Lecture Description. This box appears as a bluish grey box when the PDF is opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader (a FREE program). However, the box is invisible—but still there—when the PDF is opened in Apple Preview. Anything typed into this box will print.
Roster Template (with disclosure information)
*Please note that in order to receive credit for viewing a live lecture, participants must be listed on a roster submitted by their site coordinator.
- Equipment Call-In Number: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Equipment Call-In Passcode: 990626
- The site will be live starting at 11:30am--please have your equipment on at this time.
- Zoom Webinar Registration Link: COURSE URL
- MediaSite Live Link: unclcn.org/live
- Use if you have problems connecting your video conferencing system or WebEx.
- Instructions on how to use the MediaSite Player interface.
- Downloadable PDF
Please click here to upload your roster.