Kirsten A. Nyrop, PhD
Obesity, Cancer, and Disparities
This presentation will describe how the U.S. obesity epidemic, which has disproportionately impacted communities of color, impacts cancer risk and outcomes, with a specific focus in breast cancer disparities.
- To describe how the U.S. obesity epidemic impacts communities of color due to structural racism.
- To describe how the U.S. obesity rates contributes to disparities in cancer risk and outcomes.
- To encourage oncology providers to have patient-centered, culturally appropriate conversations with their patients about the importance of healthy behaviors.
In the PDF, contact/Location information can be add into a "hidden" text box located beneath the Lecture Description. This box appears as a bluish grey box when the PDF is opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader (a FREE program). However, the box is invisible—but still there—when the PDF is opened in Apple Preview. Anything typed into this box will print.
Roster Template (with disclosure information)
*Please note that in order to receive credit for viewing a live lecture, participants must be listed on a roster submitted by their site coordinator.
- Equipment Call-In Number: email@example.com
- Equipment Call-In Passcode: 594708
- The site will be live starting at 11:30am--please have your equipment on at this time.
- Zoom Webinar Registration Link: COURSE URL
- MediaSite Live Link: unclcn.org/live
- Use if you have problems connecting your video conferencing system or WebEx.
- Instructions on how to use the MediaSite Player interface.
- Downloadable PDF
Please click here to upload your roster.