Tessa M. Andermann, MD, MPH
Common Infectious Disease Conundrums in Cancer
Tessa M. Andermann, MD, MPH, will review common issues that arise in caring for patients with neutropenic fever, pulmonary nodules, and fungal infections, among others. She will present cases and use these to describe the workup and management of these frequently encountered clinical presentations. Reasoning behind the workup and management of patients will be reinforced by presentations of pertinent medical literature.
- Describe the management of febrile neutropenia and the clinical workup required for full evaluation of the potential causes of febrile neutropenia.
- Describe the diagnosis and management of pulmonary nodules in patients at risk for fungal pneumonia.
- Differentiate management plans for suspected Aspergillus infection versus non-Aspergillus or non-fungal causes of pulmonary infection in immunocompromised patients.
In the PDF, contact/Location information can be add into a "hidden" text box located beneath the Lecture Description. This box appears as a bluish grey box when the PDF is opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader (a FREE program). However, the box is invisible—but still there—when the PDF is opened in Apple Preview. Anything typed into this box will print.
Roster Template (with disclosure information)
*Please note that in order to receive credit for viewing a live lecture, participants must be listed on a roster submitted by their site coordinator.
- Equipment Call-In Number: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Equipment Call-In Passcode: 043566
- The site will be live starting at 11:30am--please have your equipment on at this time.
- Zoom Webinar Registration Link: https://learn.unclcn.org/content/common-infectious-disease-conundrums-cancer-live#group-tabs-node-course-default1
- MediaSite Live Link: unclcn.org/live
- Use if you have problems connecting your video conferencing system or WebEx.
- Instructions on how to use the MediaSite Player interface.
- Downloadable PDF
Please click here to upload your roster.